Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default running macros at specified time

I have a macro that I want to run each day at a certain time. How can I do
that in excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Aug 20, 3:04*pm, Davo1 wrote:
I have a macro that I want to run each day at a certain time. How can I do
that in excel?

Application.Ontime
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/OnTime.aspx
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/run-macro-on-time.htm

Here are 2 great websites that explain it very well.

Jay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Will Excel be running at all times?

Will the workbook with the macros be open at all times?

A macro can be run at a certain time using the OnTime method but Excel and
the workbook must be open.

Alternative..................

Task Scheduler to start Excel at a given time with the workbook to open and
Workbook_Open code to do the macro work is one method.

You would not have to use OnTime method.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP