-   -   running macros at specified time (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/240294-running-macros-specified-time.html)

Davo1

running macros at specified time

I have a macro that I want to run each day at a certain time. How can I do
that in excel?

jlclyde

On Aug 20, 3:04*pm, Davo1 wrote:
I have a macro that I want to run each day at a certain time. How can I do
that in excel?

Application.Ontime
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/OnTime.aspx
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/run-macro-on-time.htm

Here are 2 great websites that explain it very well.

Jay

Gord Dibben

running macros at specified time

Will Excel be running at all times?

Will the workbook with the macros be open at all times?

A macro can be run at a certain time using the OnTime method but Excel and
the workbook must be open.

Alternative..................

Task Scheduler to start Excel at a given time with the workbook to open and
Workbook_Open code to do the macro work is one method.

You would not have to use OnTime method.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP