Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default MouseOver

In Excel 2003, if I insert:
=HYPERLINK("http://www.cnn.com","news")
In a cell, the link is "hot" whenever I mouse the cell (anywhere in the cell)

In Excel 2007 the link is "hot" only if I mouseover the text "news".

Is there a fix for this or is this one of Excel 2007's "improvements"??
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200901

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob Umlas wrote:
The only thing which shows IS "news"!

"Gary''s Student" wrote in message
In Excel 2003, if I insert:
=HYPERLINK("http://www.cnn.com","news")
In a cell, the link is "hot" whenever I mouse the cell (anywhere in the
cell)

In Excel 2007 the link is "hot" only if I mouseover the text "news".

Is there a fix for this or is this one of Excel 2007's "improvements"??
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200901

His point is that there IS indeed a difference between the two versions
when doing a mouseover of a hyperlinked cell. The "hand" will not show
in Excel 2007 except when directly over the word "news". In Excel 2003
the hand shows when the mouse is anywhere in the cell, not just over the
text.

Feature? Improvement? Bug? Minor point, IMO, not worth worrying about...
The fix, I suppose, would be to use Excel 2003.

Bill