Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Wedge programs - linking rs232 to excel 2003

We have just received an RFID reader that links to the computer via a rs-232
cable. I need to get a wedge program that allows the data transferred from
the reader to be input into excel exactly as if it was typed in.

I have found several versions that I can download of the internet once I
have paid for it. Can anyone recommend a wedge program. Whilst price is
important I want value for money not cheap and nasty. I need it to work
reliably.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Was there any drivers of software provided with the RFID reader. WhaT is the
mannufacture of the reader and where is the datta coming from.

It is probably better to use one of the tools already provided with the
reader and then upload the data into excel after the data has been entered;
unless you need to get the data in real time as it is being typed.