Shinra14

Default Linking Excel columns in two different excel programs

Hi,

I have a few excel programs that require the same column of information. I
would like to be able to somehow link the column in the different programs so
when I add data to the column in one program, excel automatically adds it to
the column in the other programs. When I say program, I mean spreadsheets but
these spreadsheets are apart of different excel documents or projects. Is it
possible to link the columns? Also, is it possible to have about 6 rows in
one spreadsheet to automatically display in another sheet without cut and
paste? Any help would be great.

Thank You

DNA

Launch Help in Outlook and key in this:

"Create a link to another cell, workbook, or program"

Stuart Farr

Yes, if you open the files concerned, then go to the cell you want to
populate and type "=", then click on the source file and the cell you
want to link to and then preee <Enter. Take out the absolute signage
if applicable and copy the cell down the column.

Close the files. Open one of the source files and change a number. Save
and close the file. Then open the file with the formulas you earlier
established and click on Edit Links. You can then select Update values
to pull in the numbers.

Hope this helps

--
Stuart Farr