Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do I include multiple worksheets to a countif formula?

I want to use a countif formula. the data I need is from multiple worksheets.
How can I use the countif function for the 2 worksheets?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can't combine ranges from two separate worksheets and/or workbooks
into a single range. You'll need to use two separate COUNTIFs, one for
each sheet. E.g.,

=COUNTIF(Sheet1!A1:A100,"abc")+COUNTIF(Sheet2!A1:A 100,"abc")

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009