Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default COUNTIF Formula in Multiple worksheets.

I need to use the COUNTIF formula to count items in 52 different worksheets.
I know that this formula will not work in counting multiple worksheets.
Anyone know of a quick workaround?
I dont want to get stuck typing 52 different SUM formulas.

Thanks,
Brent
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Laurent Longre may have a solution for you:
http://xcell05.free.fr/
look down the page for a download for Countif.3d

Oops - just tried that and unfortunately the link on her page for that file
is the same as for the file just above it, COUNTDIFF. YOu might try
contacting her and asking for a copy of the file, and a corrected link.

"onlyinsyder" wrote:

I need to use the COUNTIF formula to count items in 52 different worksheets.
I know that this formula will not work in counting multiple worksheets.
Anyone know of a quick workaround?
I dont want to get stuck typing 52 different SUM formulas.

Thanks,
Brent

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

onlyinsyder wrote:
I need to use the COUNTIF formula to count items in 52 different
worksheets. I know that this formula will not work in counting
multiple worksheets. Anyone know of a quick workaround?
I dont want to get stuck typing 52 different SUM formulas.

Thanks,
Brent

Hi Brent,

you can use the free Add-in MOREFUNC.XLL by Laurent Longre. You can download
it he

http://xcell05.free.fr/english/

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

yes, weeks. but i believe that my problem is solved by downloading Laurent
Longre's plug-ins. still, it wouldnt be a bad idea for microsoft the think
about updating some functions to include 3d references.

brent

"Biff" wrote:

What do you want to count and where is it? What are your sheet names? Since
you have 52 sheets I'm guessing they represent weeks? Like Week1, Week2 etc
?

Biff

"onlyinsyder" wrote in message
I need to use the COUNTIF formula to count items in 52 different
worksheets.
I know that this formula will not work in counting multiple worksheets.
Anyone know of a quick workaround?
I dont want to get stuck typing 52 different SUM formulas.

Thanks,
Brent

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You have 52 sheets named Week 1, Week 2, Week 3,.......Week 52

You want to count how many values in the range A1:A10 are greater than 50:

=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'Week
"&ROW(INDIRECT("1:52"))&"'!A1:A10"),"50"))

"Biff" wrote:

What do you want to count and where is it? What are your sheet names?
Since
you have 52 sheets I'm guessing they represent weeks? Like Week1, Week2
etc
?

Biff

"onlyinsyder" wrote in message
I need to use the COUNTIF formula to count items in 52 different
worksheets.
I know that this formula will not work in counting multiple worksheets.
Anyone know of a quick workaround?
I dont want to get stuck typing 52 different SUM formulas.

Thanks,
Brent

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

actually, biff, it was much eaiser to download the plugin an use the
counif.3d function. it works great. but thanks anyway.

by the way, maybe you sould try it out.

brent

"Biff" wrote:

What do you want to count and where is it? What are your sheet names?
Since
you have 52 sheets I'm guessing they represent weeks? Like Week1, Week2
etc
?

Biff

"onlyinsyder" wrote in message
I need to use the COUNTIF formula to count items in 52 different
worksheets.
I know that this formula will not work in counting multiple worksheets.
Anyone know of a quick workaround?
I dont want to get stuck typing 52 different SUM formulas.

Thanks,
Brent

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

because it would take years for me to write one formula, not to mention the
other 51 formulas. just let it go biff. the problem is solved. not
everything has to be done your way.

Brent

"Biff" wrote:

What do you want to count and where is it? What are your sheet names?
Since
you have 52 sheets I'm guessing they represent weeks? Like Week1,
Week2
etc
?

Biff

"onlyinsyder" wrote in message
I need to use the COUNTIF formula to count items in 52 different
worksheets.
I know that this formula will not work in counting multiple
worksheets.
Anyone know of a quick workaround?
I dont want to get stuck typing 52 different SUM formulas.

Thanks,
Brent

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

not everything has to be done your way.

Excuse me?

I showed you how to do it. Use it or not.

"Biff" wrote:

What do you want to count and where is it? What are your sheet
names?
Since
you have 52 sheets I'm guessing they represent weeks? Like Week1,
Week2
etc
?

Biff

"onlyinsyder" wrote in
message
I need to use the COUNTIF formula to count items in 52 different
worksheets.
I know that this formula will not work in counting multiple
worksheets.
Anyone know of a quick workaround?
I dont want to get stuck typing 52 different SUM formulas.

Thanks,
Brent

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

because it would take years for me to write one formula,
not to mention the other 51 formulas.

You don't need to write 52 formulas. You write 1 formula and it calculates
all 52 sheets.

"Biff" wrote:

What do you want to count and where is it? What are your sheet
names?
Since
you have 52 sheets I'm guessing they represent weeks? Like Week1,
Week2
etc
?

Biff

"onlyinsyder" wrote in
message
I need to use the COUNTIF formula to count items in 52 different
worksheets.
I know that this formula will not work in counting multiple
worksheets.
Anyone know of a quick workaround?
I dont want to get stuck typing 52 different SUM formulas.

Thanks,
Brent

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

just leave it alone already. i fixed the problem. do you live with your mom
or somethin? you have nothing better to do? look, i tried your little
formula, and it doesnt work as well, ok? so just drop it.

"Biff" wrote:

What do you want to count and where is it? What are your sheet
names?
Since
you have 52 sheets I'm guessing they represent weeks? Like Week1,
Week2
etc
?

Biff

"onlyinsyder" wrote in
message
I need to use the COUNTIF formula to count items in 52 different
worksheets.
I know that this formula will not work in counting multiple
worksheets.
Anyone know of a quick workaround?
I dont want to get stuck typing 52 different SUM formulas.

Thanks,
Brent

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Biff,

Thank you for your post. I prefer to actually learn formulas instead of
downloading some kind of shortcut or cheat. :) Found this thread while
searching for how to do CountIf in multiple worksheets. Thanks again for
your help!!