Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Header/Footer to update on all sheets

Hi,

I would like all my sheets to have the same header/Footer with out having to
manually input it, each time.

Also the header/Footer on the first sheet will be edited therefore the
header will need to automatically update all the rest of the sheets.

Is this possible?
--
Jonno
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jonno

You could group the required worksheets and then set up the Headers &
Footers!!

What sort of editing will you be doing to the Headers/Footers?
--

Cath

"Jonno" wrote:

Hi,

I would like all my sheets to have the same header/Footer with out having to
manually input it, each time.

Also the header/Footer on the first sheet will be edited therefore the
header will need to automatically update all the rest of the sheets.

Is this possible?
--
Jonno

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ill be adding new info into them, just words and numbers. But i need to make
sure all the rest get updated!!

how do you do the grouped header and footer?

--
Jonno

"Jonno" wrote:

Hi,

I would like all my sheets to have the same header/Footer with out having to
manually input it, each time.

Also the header/Footer on the first sheet will be edited therefore the
header will need to automatically update all the rest of the sheets.

Is this possible?
--
Jonno

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To group the worksheets select the first worksheet tab then hold down the
shift key and click on the last worksheet, this will group the worksheets
together. Then set up the Header and Footer as required, these will be
inserted into all selected worksheets.

The only way I can think of doing the update is to group the sheets and edit
the Header/Footer.

You could record a macro to select the text (from the cell), copy it, then
group the worksheets and paste the text to the Header/Footer.

Cheers
Cath

--
Thanks
Cath

"Jonno" wrote:

Hi,

I would like all my sheets to have the same header/Footer with out having to
manually input it, each time.

Also the header/Footer on the first sheet will be edited therefore the
header will need to automatically update all the rest of the sheets.

Is this possible?
--
Jonno

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click on the first tab and ctrl-click on subsequent tabs (or right click on any
and choose Select all sheets).

Then do the page setup. Lots of these settings will be applied to all the
sheets that are grouped.

Be careful. Make sure you ungroup the sheets when you're done. Almost all the
changes you make to a grouped sheet will affect the other sheets in that group.

Rightclick on any of the grouped sheets tab and select "ungroup sheets".

"Jonno" wrote:

Hi,

I would like all my sheets to have the same header/Footer with out having to
manually input it, each time.

Also the header/Footer on the first sheet will be edited therefore the
header will need to automatically update all the rest of the sheets.

Is this possible?
--
Jonno

--