Master Yoda

Default Using same Header & Footer for Multiple Sheets in Excel

I want to use same header for multiple sheets in Excel, and only change a few
items in the header, or footer; i.e. summary of billing for separate
projects using the same content headers for the body of the sheet, but the
header changes to note a specific project. I can Copy & Paste the sheet
content and then modify from sheet to sheet; but I did not find a ay to copy
the Header & Footer from sheet to sheet without having to re-enter all the
Header/Footer info again. Can it be done??
Raymond

You would just hold down shift and click on each spreadsheet making them all
active (highlighted in white). You then go back to the first sheet you
clicked on, let's say Sheet 1 and do all of your formatting/add the header
and footer from Sheet 1. This will cause the changes made on Sheet 1 to be
made on all Sheets that are active.

Rainman

"Master Yoda" wrote:

I want to use same header for multiple sheets in Excel, and only change a few
items in the header, or footer; i.e. summary of billing for separate
projects using the same content headers for the body of the sheet, but the
header changes to note a specific project. I can Copy & Paste the sheet
content and then modify from sheet to sheet; but I did not find a ay to copy
the Header & Footer from sheet to sheet without having to re-enter all the
Header/Footer info again. Can it be done??

Nick Hodge

Yoda

Sure

Group the sheets by

1) Clicking on one and holding the shift key down and selecting another
(Selects contiguous tabs)

2) Hold the Ctrl key down while clicking on sheet tabs you want to 'group'
(Selects non-contiguous sheets)

While you have sheets grouped, anything you do on one is also done on the
others, including FilePage setup...Headers & Footers!

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Master Yoda" <Master
wrote in message
I want to use same header for multiple sheets in Excel, and only change a
few
items in the header, or footer; i.e. summary of billing for separate
projects using the same content headers for the body of the sheet, but the
header changes to note a specific project. I can Copy & Paste the sheet
content and then modify from sheet to sheet; but I did not find a ay to
copy
the Header & Footer from sheet to sheet without having to re-enter all the
Header/Footer info again. Can it be done??

Earl Kiosterud

Yoda,

Be careful. If there are other page setup settings that are different,
you'll lose them, as all the page setup settings from the active sheet will
be plugged into all the selected sheets with this technique.

--
Earl Kiosterud