David

Default Select rows, then sort

Hi All,

Word2K, single table. My needs are simple, and I've been searching groups
for days to find something I can use.

We all know that Word moves empty rows to the top if the whole table is
sorted. I don't want to populate them with Z's or delete them to prevent
this, so here's what I want a macro to do:

1. start selecting rows in Row 2 (Headers in Row 1)
2. stop when first row with empty cell in Col 2 is reached
3. sort alphabetically ascending on Col 2 (text entries)
4. with range still selected, update fields (SEQ nums in Col 1)

Right now, users select populated rows with mouse, sort, then update fields
with F9, but I want the process automated so user can simply click a custom
toolbar button (I know how to set that up).

Shouldn't be hard, but my head is reeling. Can anyone help?

--
David
Duke Carey

David -

Yes, your head must be reeling, as you've posted your Word question to an
Excel NG. There are enough smart people here that you might actually get an
answer, but your chances are better in the Word NGs

"David" wrote in message
[...]

David

Duke Carey wrote

Yes, your head must be reeling, as you've posted your Word question to
an Excel NG. There are enough smart people here that you might
actually get an answer, but your chances are better in the Word NGs

Oops! I did repost (after thinking my original wound up in Neverland) in a
Word NG and got a solution. Thanks

--
David