David

Default Select rows, then sort

Hi All,

Word2K, single table. My needs are simple, and I've been searching groups
for days to find something I can use.

We all know that Word moves empty rows to the top if the whole table is
sorted. I don't want to populate them with Z's or delete them to prevent
this, so here's what I want a macro to do:

1. start selecting rows in Row 2 (Headers in Row 1)
2. stop when first row with empty cell in Col 2 is reached
3. sort alphabetically ascending on Col 2 (text entries)
4. with range still selected, update fields (SEQ nums in Col 1)

Right now, users select populated rows with mouse, sort, then update fields
with F9, but I want the process automated so user can simply click a custom
toolbar button (I know how to set that up).

Shouldn't be hard, but my head is reeling. Can anyone help?

--
David