Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default calculation Settings changing from automatic to manual

Anyone out there seeing their calc setting changing ? in the last 2 days I
have had 2 of my network users telling me their excel is not calculating......

possible a MS update has done something ????

wierd
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's not Microsoft.

Calculation mode is set by the first spreadsheet loaded. Your users are
reset. One typical way this happens is with a macro that's failed, or been
interrupted.

Regards,
Fred

"Dan DeCoursey" wrote in message
Anyone out there seeing their calc setting changing ? in the last 2 days
have had 2 of my network users telling me their excel is not
calculating......

possible a MS update has done something ????

wierd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you open an Excel file which has the calculation mode set to
Manual, then all subsequent files opened in that session will also be
set to Manual, and if you save them the Manual setting will then apply
next time you open them. Just check the setting on the files you use,
put it back to Automatic if necessary, and then save each file in
turn.

Hope this helps.

Pete