Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Office 98 / Office 2007

Can O 98 coexist with O 07 on the same single user system
--
LarryS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
yes. one poster here claimed to have everything from xl97 to present on his
machine.
see this site....
http://www.tvmcalcs.com/blog/comment...d_office_2003/

the site list 2007 and 2003 on same machine but i doubt that it's that
different.
if you are not comfortable with that, do a google or bing. it can be done.

regards
FSt1

"LarryS" wrote:

Can O 98 coexist with O 07 on the same single user system
--
LarryS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"LarryS" wrote:

Can O 98 coexist with O 07 on the same single user system
--
LarryS

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 17:16:01 -0700, FSt1
wrote:

hi
yes. one poster here claimed to have everything from xl97 to present on his
machine.

Yes, so do I... but I don't have Office 98 and Office 2007 since the
former is a Mac release and the latter a Windows one. 8^ However I'm
assuming that the first one was meant to be Office 97 rather than 98.

The biggest things a
- Install from oldest to newest.
- Before you install your next version, copy your icons from the start
menu folder to another folder on the start menu that you create for
that version. If you fail to do that later installations may overwrite
them with its own icons and you have to go hunting for the .exe files
to create new shortcuts, which is a pain.
- Every version must be installed in its own folder (Use Office9,
Office10, Office11 etc)
- Office 2007 (which I thoroughly detest) is the only one that doesn't
play all that nicely with the others all the time, but nothing that's
a dealbreaker. I use Office 2007 if I absolutely need to (other than
Outlook, since you can have only one version of Outlook on a
computer), and stick to good ol' 2003 for the rest of the time.

see this site....
http://www.tvmcalcs.com/blog/comment...d_office_2003/

the site list 2007 and 2003 on same machine but i doubt that it's that
different.
if you are not comfortable with that, do a google or bing. it can be done.

Hank Scorpio
scorpionet who hates spam is {Between permanent e-mail addresses at this time, which makes the next line of my signature redundant}
* Please keep all replies in this Newsgroup. Thanks! *
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
thanks for catching that about 98. went right over my head. i didn't notice
untill you pointed it out. must have had a brain blip.

Regards
FSt1