Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I recover a file that was saved after I press replace?

i was trying to open a saved excel file and had opened a blank workbook. I
then hit Save instead of open, and was asked if I wanted to replace the
existing file with the Saved name. I pressed Yes. Now I think I have lost
the originally saved file with a blank workbook.

Is there any way to recover my originally Saved File?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

atleagle wrote:
i was trying to open a saved excel file and had opened a blank workbook. I
then hit Save instead of open, and was asked if I wanted to replace the
existing file with the Saved name. I pressed Yes. Now I think I have lost
the originally saved file with a blank workbook.

Is there any way to recover my originally Saved File?

Only if you backed the file up somewhere else after you last used it.

Bill