Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default change direction when pressing enter

Is there a keyboard shortcut that changes the direction of the move when
pressing enter? I know how to do it in excel options, but I was wondering if
there was a shortcut.
--
Rick
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Shift+Enter will change active cell to one above (assuming default is one
below)

If only 1 cell is selected, Ctrl+Enter will not move active cell (if
multiple cells are selected and you press Ctrl+Enter, the value inputed into
active cell will be applied to all cells within selection).

And of course, Tab & Shift+Tab move cell to right/left.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"RickMoore" wrote:

Is there a keyboard shortcut that changes the direction of the move when
pressing enter? I know how to do it in excel options, but I was wondering if
there was a shortcut.
--
Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

After I have selected "after pressing enter - move selection", and I select
"Down".
Are there any Keyboard shortcuts that will toggle the selection to either
right, up, or left while I am working in the spreadsheet? I know how to do
this in excel options, but was looking for a quicker way to do it. Thanks
for your help!
--
Rick

"RickMoore" wrote:

Is there a keyboard shortcut that changes the direction of the move when
pressing enter? I know how to do it in excel options, but I was wondering if
there was a shortcut.
--
Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To change the setting permanently, I don't believe there is a "toggle"
shortcut. You could write a short macro using the MoveAfterReturnDirection
property:

Application.MoveAfterReturnDirection = xlToRight

And through the use of input boxes, or different macros w/ assigned shortcut
keys, create your own "toggle".
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"RickMoore" wrote:

Is there a keyboard shortcut that changes the direction of the move when
pressing enter? I know how to do it in excel options, but I was wondering if
there was a shortcut.
--
Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have never tried to use a macro before today. It was very easy to set up
and it gives the "toggle" I was looking for. Not only did I solve a little
problem, I learned a valuable tool to use in the future.
Thanks for your help!
--
Rick