Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default ICON Arrows UP or DOWN

In MS Excel 2007, how would I set a conditional format to display an arrow,
"IF cell B3 = Cell C3, GREEN ARROW UP" - (and if NOT, then RED ARROW DOWN)?

DOUG ECKERT
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Formula: =B3-C3. Format Custom as ;;; (this is so the value willnot show)
Conditional FormattingIcon sets, choose the 3 colored arrows
Conditional FormattingManage RulesEdit rule, fill in the values (=0,
between 0 and 0, <0) and make sure Type is Number (not percent)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"DOUG" wrote in message
In MS Excel 2007, how would I set a conditional format to display an
arrow,
"IF cell B3 = Cell C3, GREEN ARROW UP" - (and if NOT, then RED ARROW
DOWN)?

DOUG ECKERT

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2007
Here is an example done exactly
like Niek suggested:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nttmolmo3m0/08_10_09.xlsx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Herb: Thanks. However, the USAF network censors severed my connection to
your link instantly with the standard warning that internet use is logged and
monitored(!).

Niek's instructions worked well, but the icon would not center in the cell.
It is pasted way over on the left-hand side of the cell. I have asked him
about it.

Sincerely,
DOUG

"Herbert Seidenberg" wrote:

Excel 2007
Here is an example done exactly
like Niek suggested:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nttmolmo3m0/08_10_09.xlsx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Conditional FormatIcon setsMore rules, check Show icon only

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Herbert Seidenberg" wrote:

Excel 2007
Here is an example done exactly
like Niek suggested:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nttmolmo3m0/08_10_09.xlsx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

and align center, of course

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Herbert Seidenberg" wrote:

Excel 2007
Here is an example done exactly
like Niek suggested:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nttmolmo3m0/08_10_09.xlsx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Niek: Please disregard that last. The cell formatting did work, although
the centering tool at the top of the screen did not. I am good to go, thanks
to you.

Sincerely,
DOUG ECKERT