dawgpilot

Default Crappy Site!!!!

Posted two questions about 5 days ago and it has not shown. Even searching
by my username nothing comes back. Have searched many, many hours looking
for the answer to my question. Microsoft still has a very long way to go on
customer service!!!!!!!! I have no options left except to call Microsoft,
which of course they will refer me here. I am frustrated and angry at this
point. Oh, by the way, no customer feedback to Microsoft so I must vent to
you all. Just one more way Microsoft loses business every day!!!!!!
Rowan

How difficult is it to search for "dawgpilot"?

Reply to your first post from David McRichie:

see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm
---
HTH,

"dawgpilot" wrote in message
I have an excel database with three columns as follows:

Column: A B C
Column Title: Tail # A/C Type Owner

There are about 300 records in my database so when I print I have to either
manually format my data into more (6) columns or print these three columns
over multiple pages. If I format the worksheet manually to print 6 columns
then I cannot sort or add records to the end of my list. I have to enter my
new information and then cut/paste to the correct location. I would like to
be able to continue entering my data in one long range and have excel print
my database with multiple columns per sheet as follows

Column: A B C D E
Column Title: Tail# A/C Type Owner Tail# A/C Type Owner

Reply to second post from Bob Phillips:

Slight adjustment to the spec, and error handling :-)

With ActiveSheet
.Range("A61:C120").Copy Destination:=Range("D1")
.Range("A61:C120").ClearContents
On Error Goto cleanup
Application.EnableEvents = False
.PrintOut
.Range("D1:F60").Copy Destination:=Range("A61")
.Range("D1:F60").ClearContents
Cancel = True
End With
cleanup:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Here's an interesting little trick that I picked up from Tom Ogilvy the
other day

With ActiveSheet
.Range("A61:B120").Copy Destination:=Range("C1")
.Range("A61:B120").ClearContents
Application.EnableEvents = False
.PrintOut
.Range("C1:D60").Copy Destination:=Range("A61")
.Range("C1:D60").ClearContents
Cancel = True
Application.EnableEvents = True
End With
End Sub

'This is workbook event code.

You might want to add a test for the specific worksheet name if there are
many.

--

HTH

RP

"dawgpilot" wrote in message
I have a range with 3 columns and about 120 records. When left in this
format it prints 3 columns over two pages using only 1/2 of each page.

want excel to print my data on one page with six columns (two ranges

with
the
same headings). This is an active database that is changed regularly so

for
me to cut and paste is not effecient enough.

PS RagDyeR also suggests you look at the snakecol link to David McRichie's
site.

Regards
Rowan

"dawgpilot" wrote:

Posted two questions about 5 days ago and it has not shown. Even searching
by my username nothing comes back. Have searched many, many hours looking
for the answer to my question. Microsoft still has a very long way to go on
customer service!!!!!!!! I have no options left except to call Microsoft,
which of course they will refer me here. I am frustrated and angry at this
point. Oh, by the way, no customer feedback to Microsoft so I must vent to
you all. Just one more way Microsoft loses business every day!!!!!!

JE McGimpsey

I think you're the victim of a common bug. It occurs partway between the
keyboard and the back of the chair you're sitting in.

1) This isn't a "site". It's a newsgroup. There's a difference.

2) You posted 1 question on the 23rd using the name dawgpilot, and it
was answered the same day. It's still available on the communities web
interface (i.e., the "Web site"). You can always check the archives,
using your name/email address in the "author" field:

http://groups.google.com/advanced_gr...ugroup=*excel*

3) You can certainly provide feedback to MS via the "Contact us" link on
the newsgroup pages:

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support

In article ,
dawgpilot wrote:

Posted two questions about 5 days ago and it has not shown. Even searching
by my username nothing comes back. Have searched many, many hours looking
for the answer to my question. Microsoft still has a very long way to go on
customer service!!!!!!!! I have no options left except to call Microsoft,
which of course they will refer me here. I am frustrated and angry at this
point. Oh, by the way, no customer feedback to Microsoft so I must vent to
you all. Just one more way Microsoft loses business every day!!!!!!

Biff

Hi JE!

It's still available on the communities web
interface (i.e., the "Web site").

What URL is that at?

I normally use the web interface he

http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp

But for several weeks now, many of the groups are not available.

The web interface at this URL

http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/

is just plain horrible. Why anyone would use that interface is beyond me.

Just a personal prefrence. I don't really like using this newsreader.

Biff

dawgpilot wrote:

Posted two questions about 5 days ago and it has not shown. Even
searching
by my username nothing comes back. Have searched many, many hours
looking
for the answer to my question. Microsoft still has a very long way to go
on
customer service!!!!!!!! I have no options left except to call
Microsoft,
which of course they will refer me here. I am frustrated and angry at
this
point. Oh, by the way, no customer feedback to Microsoft so I must vent
you all. Just one more way Microsoft loses business every day!!!!!!

Kassie

And I use http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx, and
never ever had any problems getting there. And you are right, his question
was asked and answered in one day. Damn good service, especially considering
that it does'nt cost him a cent!

Hi JE!

dawgpilot wrote:

Posted two questions about 5 days ago and it has not shown. Even
searching
by my username nothing comes back. Have searched many, many hours
looking
for the answer to my question. Microsoft still has a very long way to go
on
customer service!!!!!!!! I have no options left except to call
Microsoft,
which of course they will refer me here. I am frustrated and angry at
this
point. Oh, by the way, no customer feedback to Microsoft so I must vent
you all. Just one more way Microsoft loses business every day!!!!!!

Kassie

Hi JE,

He actually posted the same question twice, using different subject lines,
but with the same content. And as you so rightly said, he got answers
(several of them) the same day! Maybe he does'nt bother to tick the "Notify
me of replies" option. If one looks at the number of posts per day, small
wonder that he then does not find any replies when he comes back! Think I
will post a new threaad to tell him how to do it!

dawgpilot wrote:

Posted two questions about 5 days ago and it has not shown. Even searching
by my username nothing comes back. Have searched many, many hours looking
for the answer to my question. Microsoft still has a very long way to go on
customer service!!!!!!!! I have no options left except to call Microsoft,
which of course they will refer me here. I am frustrated and angry at this
point. Oh, by the way, no customer feedback to Microsoft so I must vent to
you all. Just one more way Microsoft loses business every day!!!!!!

JE McGimpsey

In-line:

In article ,
"Biff" wrote:

It's still available on the communities web
interface (i.e., the "Web site").

What URL is that at?

Try:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...verview.mspx#5

I normally use the web interface he

http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp

But for several weeks now, many of the groups are not available.

Not sure which groups you're talking about - most of the XL ones are
there.

The web interface at this URL

http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/

is just plain horrible. Why anyone would use that interface is beyond me.

And I can't understand, except possibly for those behind a corporate
firewall that can't access any other way, why one would use a web
interface at all...

Just a personal prefrence. I don't really like using this newsreader.

First, OE is not a newsreader. There are many, many, *many* better ways
to read news:

http://newsreaders.com
dawgpilot

......maybe I overreacted!!!....I had an extremely frustrating day. I did
click "notify me of response" and my response was sent to someone on my
contacts list, not me (can't figure this one out). Also, there are pages for
a "community" and one for this "discussion group". I'm still not clear how
you get from one to the other but my messages posted here when I was on the
other web page. Anyway, thank you for the help on my questions and I'm sorry
for my rant.

"dawgpilot" wrote:

Posted two questions about 5 days ago and it has not shown. Even searching
by my username nothing comes back. Have searched many, many hours looking
for the answer to my question. Microsoft still has a very long way to go on
customer service!!!!!!!! I have no options left except to call Microsoft,
which of course they will refer me here. I am frustrated and angry at this
point. Oh, by the way, no customer feedback to Microsoft so I must vent to
you all. Just one more way Microsoft loses business every day!!!!!!

Biff

Hi!

Your link is very similar to this one:

http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/

If you navigate to this link (the web interface that I normally use):

http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp

You'll see that the interface is much better. However, as I stated, many of
the Excel groups are not available. They're all listed but if you select,
for instance, the MISC group, a message comes up stating newsgroup not
available.

Biff

"Kassie" wrote in message
And I use http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx,
and
never ever had any problems getting there. And you are right, his
question
was asked and answered in one day. Damn good service, especially
considering
that it does'nt cost him a cent!

Hi JE!