Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Link to Worksheets

I have developed an Excel file that has several Worksheets. I would like
develop a Cover Worksheet that has boxes that when clicked on will take you
to one of 4 worksheets that the users will use enter data.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can either use the HYPERLINK function (lots of examples in XL help file)
or you can insert a hyperlink (Ctrl+K) and using the diplay box, select
"place in this document" and then choose where you want to link to, and what
to display.

The two features work the same, HYPERLINK has the advantage in that's its
slightly easier to change, and you can perform a Find&Replace if needed.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Larry L" wrote:

I have developed an Excel file that has several Worksheets. I would like
develop a Cover Worksheet that has boxes that when clicked on will take you
to one of 4 worksheets that the users will use enter data.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

David McRitchie posted this and it might help you:

=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5)
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheeton e!C5)
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5)

Some other options:

Maybe you could use David McRitchie's Build Table of Contents to get the list
and the hyperlinks all at once:

Another option if you want a more generic solution:
http://contextures.com/xlToolbar01.html
(From Debra Dalgleish's site.)

It builds a toolbar that you can use with any workbook to navigate to any
worksheet. There's a link on that site for an xl2007 version for the ribbon
(from Ron de Bruin).

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros he
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

Larry L wrote:

I have developed an Excel file that has several Worksheets. I would like
develop a Cover Worksheet that has boxes that when clicked on will take you
to one of 4 worksheets that the users will use enter data.

--

Dave Peterson