Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copying printer formats

I'm using Excel 2003. I've been over this site several times and can't seem
to find this Q&A. Is it possible to copy the printing format from sheet to
sheet. I only have 17 sheets (month, qtr, yr) but it would certainly be
helpful if I didn't have to go into each sheet to set up the print
formatting.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are a lot (but not all!) of those print settings that you can apply if you
group the sheets first.

Select the "master" sheet, and ctrl-click on the subequent tabs. (Rightclick on
any worksheet tab and chosing Select All will group all the sheets.)

Then do your print setup.

Then rightclick on any of the selected sheet tabs and choose Ungroup Sheets.

Almost all the changes you make to a sheet in a group will be made to the other
sheets in that group. (Very nice for headers. Not so nice for most things.)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi, an Interesting key is an F4 that repeats your last action. Select your
worksheet1 and go to page setup. Make all the changes you want and then exit
by clicking the appropriate buttons.
Now before you do any other action. Click on tab to select next worksheet
and press F4. The page setup will be copied over. Continue selecting your
worksheets one by one and pressing F4 will continue to copy over the format
in the selected worksheet.
Good Luck.

"ramona" wrote:

I'm using Excel 2003. I've been over this site several times and can't seem
to find this Q&A. Is it possible to copy the printing format from sheet to
sheet. I only have 17 sheets (month, qtr, yr) but it would certainly be
helpful if I didn't have to go into each sheet to set up the print
formatting.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I want to thank both you and Dave for your suggestions. I was not able to
get that F4 key to work correctly but I will try it again. However, the
grouping of the tabs that Dave suggested worked great. Granted, like he
said, it didn't do everything but it saved me a lot of time. Thanks again to
both of you. I just LOVE this site!!!!