Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do you turn off Calculate mode in excel?

I have just copied a series of values from an excel worksheet into a new
file. Unfortunately in the bottom left corner of the screen it states
'Calculate' and when I enter formulas you have to double click and hit enter
before the work sheet updates the value. Can anyone explain how I get the
sheet to update automatically?
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Under Tools-Options, Calculation tab.
You can switch from Automatic to Manual.

Note that when you are in Manual mode, you can press F9 to perform a
calculation.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"James Aumonier" wrote:

I have just copied a series of values from an excel worksheet into a new
file. Unfortunately in the bottom left corner of the screen it states
'Calculate' and when I enter formulas you have to double click and hit enter
before the work sheet updates the value. Can anyone explain how I get the
sheet to update automatically?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For EXCEL 2007 this would be:-

Office Button / Excel Options (lower right hand corner) / Formulas /
Calculation options (at the top pf the page).