Old March 28th 08, 05:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I turn off compatibility mode in Excel 2007?

I'm working with more than 96,000 rows of data, and I know that Excel2007
will support that, but I need to turn off Compatibility mode? How do I do
this?

Old March 28th 08, 05:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Save the file as *.XLSX (Xl2007 format) and reopen it
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

news

Old March 28th 08, 05:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi HaJiggity

In Excel 2007 you be in Compatibility mode when you open a
Excel 97-2003 xls workbook.

Change the default file format to one of the 2007 formats and you not see it

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

Old August 9th 12, 07:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Old November 11th 12, 05:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Same problem with my case,but it is not workig as per solution given by you all.

Old November 11th 12, 06:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

According to Excel help (F1), you can't manually turn on/off
compatibility Mode. Compatibility Mode turns on automatically whenever
you open a file from an earlier version of Excel. If you no longer want
to work in Compatibility Mode you can upgrade the file to the newer
format by saving it in that format. The next time you open that file it
will/should not automatically turn Compatibility Mode on.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Old December 7th 12, 11:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Friday, 28 March 2008 17:29:01 UTC+1, HaJiggity wrote:
I'm working with more than 96,000 rows of data, and I know that Excel2007
will support that, but I need to turn off Compatibility mode? How do I do
this?

My solution was to save the excelsheet WITH A DIFFERENT NAME. Then re-open, and save with the old name (.xlsx). Now the sheet is visible again.

Hope this works for all of you too.

regards

Old April 4th 13, 07:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Friday, March 28, 2008 9:59:01 PM UTC+5:30, HaJiggity wrote:
I'm working with more than 96,000 rows of data, and I know that Excel2007
will support that, but I need to turn off Compatibility mode? How do I do
this?

thank u so much