paulp

Default edit a drop down list

Hello, I have 2 questions

1. for an existing drop down list, how can I add a new entry? That is, a
list named "division" now contains 5 items, and I want to add a sixth. I've
tried to highlight all 6 items and typing "division" into the name box, but
that just jumps me to the original 5 names. I also tried highlighting the
original 5 and deleting the "division" from the name box, but again no luck.

2. Can I enlarge the font on a drop down list, so it appears larger when
the arrow is clicked? The font is very small at present.
Debra Dalgleish

To change the name reference:

Choose InsertNameDefine
In the list of names, select Division
In the Refers To box, change the reference, to include the new items
Click OK

If this is a data validation dropdown, you can't make the font larger,
but there are a couple of workarounds he

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List