Cindy

Default Removing a drop down list from a cell

How do I remove a down list from a cell?
Bob Phillips

Click the Clear All button.

--

HTH

RP

"Cindy" wrote in message
How do I remove a down list from a cell?

NeoAmit

Click on Data---Validation

Under the Settings Tab-- Field Allow = Any Value.

That should solve it
Cindy

Nope that didn't work.

"NeoAmit" wrote:

Click on Data---Validation

Under the Settings Tab-- Field Allow = Any Value.

That should solve it
Bob Phillips

Select the drop menu cell, then menu DataValidation, then click the Clear
All button there.

--

HTH

RP

"Cindy" wrote in message
Sorry Bob, I am new to Excel spreadsheets. Where do I find the Clear all
button? I don't see it. Will this only remove the one drop menu or will

it
remove all of them in my spreadsheet. Thanks

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Click the Clear All button.

--

HTH

RP

"Cindy" wrote in message
How do I remove a down list from a cell?

Debra Dalgleish

Select the cell
Choose DataValidation
Click the Clear All button (at the bottom left of the window)
Click OK

Cindy wrote:
How do I remove a down list from a cell?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Cindy

Thanks for all the clarification there. However none of that worked either. I
cannot tell you how the sheet was original created as I didn't create this
sheet. It is a passed on worksheet. I hate acquiring someone else's mess.
ha I finally got one of the drop downs to disappear by selecting the cell
and cutting it 8 times.

"tjtjjtjt" wrote:

It seems liekly that the drop-downs are from Data | Validation.
Did you select all the cells in which the drop-down was appearing before you
tried NeoAmit's solution? If not, select all the cells and try again.

For the Clear All solution:
Select All the cells with the drop-down.
Then, Edit | Clear | All.

It's also possible you have the AutoFilter activated. For that, click on a
cell that has the drop-down and go to Data | Filter. If the AutoFilter has a
check by it, click on AutoFilter to eliminate the drop-downs.
If AutoFilter doesn't have a check next to it, don't click on it, or you
will just make the probelm worse.

If these don't work, you may try posting back with more information about
how the spreadsheet was created. Including how the drop-downs were created in
the first place.

tj

"Cindy" wrote:

Nope that didn't work.