Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default learn vba

Hi guys,

New to this group, want to learn vba. Can anybody guide me, how to go
about. if anybody got any site where i can learn the basics, would
really appreciate.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros he
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

vinod9111 wrote:

New to this group, want to learn vba. Can anybody guide me, how to go
about. if anybody got any site where i can learn the basics, would
really appreciate.

I recommend you to go and get two books From John Walkenbach aka "Mr.
Spreeadsheet".

The first one is his "Excel Bible" the second one is his "Excel - VBA Power
programming"

Both books are easy to understand allthough some of ther chaptaers are
rather sophisticated.

I got them for work and work with them very often, sometimes all day every
day a week - allthough I'm german and therefore got a german Excel version
on the job.

Volker
--
Im übrigen bin ich der Meinung, dass TCPA/TCG verhindert werden muss

Wenn es vom Himmel Zitronen regnet, dann lerne, wie man Limonade macht
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Volker Neurath,

Training / Books / Sites
How to Learn to Write Macros
http://articles.excelyogi.com/playin...ba/2008/10/27/
How to use the macro recorder
'Excel Yogi’s' (http://articles.excelyogi.com/)
Click here and scroll down to Getting Started with VBA.
'DataPig Technologies'
(http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/ExcelMain.htm)
If you are serious about learning VBA try
'Visual Basic Macros Made Easy' (http://www.add-ins.com/vbhelp.htm)
Excel Tutorials and Tips - VBA - macros - training
'Excel Tutorial | Excel Tips | Excel Articles'
(http://www.mrexcel.com/articles.shtml)
See David McRitchie's site if you just started with VBA
'Getting Started with Macros and User Defined Functions'
(http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm)

'Free Help on VBA for Excel (Macros)' (http://www.excel-vba.com/)
'Free Help on VBA for Excel (Macros)' (http://www.excel-vba.com/)
'Getting Started with Macros and User Defined Functions'
(http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm)
'Microsoft Excel Links / Microsoft Excel Tips / Excel Tutorial / Excel
Spreadsheet Help / Excel Tip .com'
(http://www.exceltip.com/excel_links.html)

(livelessons video)
Excel VBA and Macros with MrExcel
ISBN: 0-7897-3938-0
http://www.amazon.com/Excel-Macros-M...7936479&sr=1-1

Excel 2003 Power Programming with VBA, by John Walkenbach
VBA and Macros for Microsoft Excel, by Bill Jelen "Mr.Excel" and Tracy
Syrstad
Excel Hacks 100 Industrial-Strength Tips & Tools, by David & Traina
Hawley
VBA and Macros for Microsoft Excel 2007, by Bill Jelen "Mr.Excel" and
Tracy Syrstad

Have a great day,
Stan

--
stanleydgromjr
stanleydgromjr's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=503

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

stanleydgromjr wrote:

[booklist]

Thanx but I do not need further books at the moment ;)

Volker

--
Wenn es vom Himmel Zitronen regnet -- lerne, Limonade zu machen.