Thrava

Default How to learn VBA

I live in San Francisco Bay Area. Anyone can help me with
suggestion of where I could learn (classes?) VBA for Excel?

I know very little mainly by playing around and reading
some books but I think I need a more structured,
fundamental approch to learning VBA. And frankly, haven't
seen any structure in place to teach people, it maybe my
impression, but its almost like, play and learn as you go
kind of thing...

Regards,

Thrava
Gary Brown

I would suggest getting John Walkenbach's book...
Excel 200x Power Programming With VBA (x means get his latest book)
Check out his web site. The below link takes you straight to his book
section.
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/books/xlbook25.htm
HTH,
Gary Brown

"Thrava" wrote:

I live in San Francisco Bay Area. Anyone can help me with
suggestion of where I could learn (classes?) VBA for Excel?

I know very little mainly by playing around and reading
some books but I think I need a more structured,
fundamental approch to learning VBA. And frankly, haven't
seen any structure in place to teach people, it maybe my
impression, but its almost like, play and learn as you go
kind of thing...

Regards,

Thrava

Dave Peterson

Check you local community college. I've seen lots of excel course offered
(basic, intermediate, and advanced).

If you see one that looks promising, give them a call and ask what they cover.

And visit the .programming newsgroup.

Lurking is fine.

If you see something that interests you, post back with questions or solutions.

--

Dave Peterson