Default Cannot see outline symbols

I am having trouble viewing the outline symbols in Excel - I followed the
Help instructions and went to Tools / Options / View, and the outline symbols
check box was selected, but I still can't see them. Any ideas? Thanks.
CyberTaz

Hello-

Have you Grouped the sheet by columns/rows or applied the AutoOutline
feature? The symbols you refer to _do not_ just automatically appear unless
you do, or inveoke other features that provide them.

HTH |:)

" wrote:

I am having trouble viewing the outline symbols in Excel - I followed the
Help instructions and went to Tools / Options / View, and the outline symbols
check box was selected, but I still can't see them. Any ideas? Thanks.

Ragdyer

Use this keyboard shortcut to create one ... just as a test:

Using the row headers, select the entire rows of 5 to 10, then,
<Shift <Alt <RightArrow.

This should create the outline symbols for you, as long as you said that you
had them turned on.

Now, check out this web site for some info:

http://tinyurl.com/6uc2p

--
HTH,

RD