Ragdyer

Use this keyboard shortcut to create one ... just as a test:

Using the row headers, select the entire rows of 5 to 10, then,
<Shift <Alt <RightArrow.

This should create the outline symbols for you, as long as you said that you
had them turned on.

Now, check out this web site for some info:

http://tinyurl.com/6uc2p

--
HTH,

RD

"
wrote in message ...
I am having trouble viewing the outline symbols in Excel - I followed the
Help instructions and went to Tools / Options / View, and the outline

symbols
check box was selected, but I still can't see them. Any ideas? Thanks.