Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old December 10th 04, 02:11 AM
JohnChaz
 
Posts: n/a
Default How do I print outline symbols in Excel?

I've tried the many options in page setup, but I can't figure out how to have
the + and - symbols show up on Print Preview...or print outs for that matter.
The +'s and -'s show up on the far left hand side of the display.

  #2   Report Post  
Old December 10th 04, 02:22 AM
Dave Peterson
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You could use alt-print to copy the window to the clipboard, then paste into
Word and print from there. But that's one screen dump at a time.

I don't think you can print those outline symbols any other way.



JohnChaz wrote:

I've tried the many options in page setup, but I can't figure out how to have
the + and - symbols show up on Print Preview...or print outs for that matter.
The +'s and -'s show up on the far left hand side of the display.


--

Dave Peterson
  #3   Report Post  
Old November 9th 05, 08:47 PM
Laura Kim
 
Posts: n/a
Default How do I print outline symbols in Excel?

Could you please clarify what do you mean by alt-print? I'm also trying to
show the + and - signs of the outline in the print as well.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You could use alt-print to copy the window to the clipboard, then paste into
Word and print from there. But that's one screen dump at a time.

I don't think you can print those outline symbols any other way.



JohnChaz wrote:

I've tried the many options in page setup, but I can't figure out how to have
the + and - symbols show up on Print Preview...or print outs for that matter.
The +'s and -'s show up on the far left hand side of the display.


--

Dave Peterson

  #4   Report Post  
Old November 10th 05, 12:57 AM
Dave Peterson
 
Posts: n/a
Default How do I print outline symbols in Excel?

I should have written alt-print screen.

It's a key combination on your keyboard. For my USA keyboard, PrintScreen is
above the SysReq key directly north of the dedicated arrow keys and the
insert/home/pageup keys.

Laura Kim wrote:

Could you please clarify what do you mean by alt-print? I'm also trying to
show the + and - signs of the outline in the print as well.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You could use alt-print to copy the window to the clipboard, then paste into
Word and print from there. But that's one screen dump at a time.

I don't think you can print those outline symbols any other way.



JohnChaz wrote:

I've tried the many options in page setup, but I can't figure out how to have
the + and - symbols show up on Print Preview...or print outs for that matter.
The +'s and -'s show up on the far left hand side of the display.


--

Dave Peterson


--

Dave Peterson


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Excel does not print Jeff Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 January 25th 05 04:07 PM
Non-Breaking Space + Print Issue Barb Reinhardt Charts and Charting in Excel 3 December 9th 04 01:03 AM
Why will my Excel charts not print in color? cyncha Charts and Charting in Excel 2 December 5th 04 06:56 PM
Excel aficionado wants to learn Access Hari Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 December 3rd 04 06:03 AM
Excel aficionado wants to learn Access Hari Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 December 3rd 04 05:47 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 ExcelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Excel"

 

Copyright © 2017