-   -   How do I print outline symbols in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1642-how-do-i-print-outline-symbols-excel.html)

JohnChaz

How do I print outline symbols in Excel?

I've tried the many options in page setup, but I can't figure out how to have
the + and - symbols show up on Print Preview...or print outs for that matter.
The +'s and -'s show up on the far left hand side of the display.

Dave Peterson

You could use alt-print to copy the window to the clipboard, then paste into
Word and print from there. But that's one screen dump at a time.

I don't think you can print those outline symbols any other way.

--

Dave Peterson

Laura Kim

How do I print outline symbols in Excel?

Could you please clarify what do you mean by alt-print? I'm also trying to
show the + and - signs of the outline in the print as well.

JohnChaz wrote:

I've tried the many options in page setup, but I can't figure out how to have
the + and - symbols show up on Print Preview...or print outs for that matter.
The +'s and -'s show up on the far left hand side of the display.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

How do I print outline symbols in Excel?

I should have written alt-print screen.

It's a key combination on your keyboard. For my USA keyboard, PrintScreen is
above the SysReq key directly north of the dedicated arrow keys and the
insert/home/pageup keys.