Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002: Opening related files by clicking file address

Hello,

I have the following file addresses pasted on an active worksheet. These are
my related working files for my budget.

E:\Doc-PK\[Budget 2010.xls]
E:\Customer \[New 2010.xls]
E :\Cash Flow \[Forecast 2010.xls]

May I know if there is a way of opening these flies by just clicking on
these file addresses ?

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try insert|hyperlink
But you will have to enter the filename with the correct syntax (or point to
them using that dialog).

If your filenames were like:
E:\doc-pk\budget 2010.xls
(without the brackets)

You could use another cell and a formula like:
=hyperlink("file:////"&a1,"Click me")

You could either remove the []'s manually (a couple of edit|replaces) or even
use a formula:
=substitute(substitute(a1,"[",""),"]","")

Or even combine them into the =hyperlink() formula:
=hyperlink("file:////"&substitute(substitute(a1,"[",""),"]",""),"click me")

Mr. Low wrote:

Hello,

I have the following file addresses pasted on an active worksheet. These are
my related working files for my budget.

E:\Doc-PK\[Budget 2010.xls]
E:\Customer \[New 2010.xls]
E :\Cash Flow \[Forecast 2010.xls]

May I know if there is a way of opening these flies by just clicking on
these file addresses ?

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your guidience.

Now I can design a hyperlink template to open the link file selectively
instead of opening all using Workspace Saving File.

Best Regards

Low
--
A36B58K641