Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default conditional formating

Hi, I have a spread sheet that has a row of dates in the first cell (say C5)
I key in a date and after that each cell after that is 56 days after giving
two monthly intervals.
What I would like to do is as the month that is in the cell matches the
current month the back ground turns blue and if the month that is in the cell
becomes a month latter than the current month it Turns red, so if the cell
reads 16 June and its now 16 July it turns red.
Can this be done with conditional formatting, if so how and do I need to put
todays date some where on the sheet (and how I do I do that), or is there a
better way altogether.
Can any one help? Thanks in advance,
Barry.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Barry wrote:
Hi, I have a spread sheet that has a row of dates in the first cell (say C5)
I key in a date and after that each cell after that is 56 days after giving
two monthly intervals.
What I would like to do is as the month that is in the cell matches the
current month the back ground turns blue and if the month that is in the cell
becomes a month latter than the current month it Turns red, so if the cell
reads 16 June and its now 16 July it turns red.
Can this be done with conditional formatting, if so how and do I need to put
todays date some where on the sheet (and how I do I do that), or is there a
better way altogether.
Can any one help? Thanks in advance,
Barry.

Can be done, but we will need a definition from you on what you mean by
"a month later."

To help pin it down, what do you define to be month later from 31 January?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Actually, knowing a couple of "month later" conditions might be useful;
not only what is a month later from 31 January, but also
what is a month later from 16 January

Barry - this may seem picky, but due to the fact that different months have
a different number of days in them, anywhere from 28 to 31, it helps to know
what a "month" is for this purpose: same date next month, a date 30 days
later, a date 31 days later or what.

"smartin" wrote:

Barry wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have made the cap between cells 56 days =2x28 so a month late would read
-28 days, so if the cell read 26 july 2009 then a month late would be after
23 aug 2009 , to record this month the cell would change to blue from 4 june
to 23 aug 2009 , so really I'm looking for blue for 28 days before the date
in the cell and 27 days after and red after 28 days.

I hope this makes sence, Barry.