Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
barry barry is offline

Default conditional formating

Hi, I have a spread sheet that has a row of dates in the first cell (say C5)
I key in a date and after that each cell after that is 56 days after giving
two monthly intervals.
What I would like to do is as the month that is in the cell matches the
current month the back ground turns blue and if the month that is in the cell
becomes a month latter than the current month it Turns red, so if the cell
reads 16 June and its now 16 July it turns red.
Can this be done with conditional formatting, if so how and do I need to put
todays date some where on the sheet (and how I do I do that), or is there a
better way altogether.
Can any one help? Thanks in advance,
Barry.