Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Search bleed next cell

If I have data "123, 45" (ie, 123 in cell a1 and 45 in b1
How can I search for "123 45"?

- = -
http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2
[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd add headers to the data in row 1.

Then I'd filter the range (data|filter|autofilter in xl2003 menus).

Then I'd filter column A to show the 123's and filter column B to show the 45's.

Data|Filter|show all
will show all the data quickly.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Clarification please... do you mean you want to find (select?) the range
A1:B1 because it has "123" and "45" in them respectively OR did you mean you
want to find (select?) other ColumnA/ColumnB combinations that have the
contents of A1 and B1 in them respectively (for which your 123 and 45 are
just example cell values)?

Also, is a VB solution acceptable? And do you mean select when you say
"find"?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

wrote in message
If I have data "123, 45" (ie, 123 in cell a1 and 45 in b1
How can I search for "123 45"?

- = -
http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2
[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for
Bimbos]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First, thanks.

Someone claimed the searched (CTL-F or EDITFIND) for two adjacent
fields (eg col 2= "23-45" and col 3 = "56 street", ie, house number
and building number by entering "23-45 56 street" in the search
box. It never worked for me and I was wondering how they did it.

- = -