Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel locked for editing

We have alot of excel sheets in use on a file share server. Randomly, we
will get a call from one of our users that the file has been locked by a user
that is no longer viewing the file. The only way we can correct this is to
shutdown the file share server. Is there a patch or something out there that
will help prevent this from happening. Or at least an easier way to unlock
these files?