Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
krish

Default excel document locked for editing

hello and greetings, my microsoft excel having problem in my office, each
and everytime i try to open a dexcel doc from another pc through my computer,
it says document locked for editing! but how come? no one is using it and not
only 1 document but all the documents in that pc are unable to open except
only read only! so pls do help me on how do i unlock it all and make it
available again for everyone to open and edit again! thank you so much!i
already tried restarting but still the same
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
krish

i have also tried deleting c:\windows\temp directory and rebooted but its
still the same! the other pc's all fine except for this one particular pc, so
pls anyone do help me.......all the excel files r unable to open :( any gud
udea to unlock all of them?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Gord Dibben

krish

Also have a look at deleting(after a re-boot) the files in this folder.

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Temp

That is where my Excel *.tmp files are stored.

I am one of multi-users.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP