-   -   excel document locked for editing (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/55643-excel-document-locked-editing.html)

krish

excel document locked for editing

hello and greetings, my microsoft excel having problem in my office, each
and everytime i try to open a dexcel doc from another pc through my computer,
it says document locked for editing! but how come? no one is using it and not
only 1 document but all the documents in that pc are unable to open except
only read only! so pls do help me on how do i unlock it all and make it
available again for everyone to open and edit again! thank you so much!i
already tried restarting but still the same

krish

excel document locked for editing

i have also tried deleting c:\windows\temp directory and rebooted but its
still the same! the other pc's all fine except for this one particular pc, so
pls anyone do help me.......all the excel files r unable to open :( any gud
udea to unlock all of them?

Dave Peterson

excel document locked for editing

Did you try doing that same thing on the other pc?

--

Dave Peterson

Gord Dibben

excel document locked for editing

krish

Also have a look at deleting(after a re-boot) the files in this folder.

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Temp

That is where my Excel *.tmp files are stored.

I am one of multi-users.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP