Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Combining formulas

Hi

Thanks for all your help earlier. I have another set of cells that i need to
combine into one as follows:

1) (F262*Fg262)
2) =sum((H262:H268)-H269)*G262

Can someone tell me how to combine the above to take away the answer of part
2 from part 1?

Many thanks

Carol
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Like this:
=F262*FG262-(SUM(H262:H268)-H269)*G262
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"carol" wrote:

Hi

Thanks for all your help earlier. I have another set of cells that i need to
combine into one as follows:

1) (F262*Fg262)
2) =sum((H262:H268)-H269)*G262

Can someone tell me how to combine the above to take away the answer of part
2 from part 1?

Many thanks

Carol

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think you still haven't understood the SUM function. Please look up the
SUM function in excel help ?

Are you sure that =sum((H262:H268)-H269)*G262 works for you? [Or does it
give a #VALUE! error?] Doesn't it only work if you enter it as an array
formula (Control Shift Enter)? Did you mean =(sum(H262:H268)-H269)*G262
(which gives a different answer from the array formula) ?
In which case combining the formulae gives
=(F262*Fg262)-(sum(H262:H268)-H269)*G262 ?
--
David Biddulph

"carol" wrote in message
Hi

Thanks for all your help earlier. I have another set of cells that i need
combine into one as follows:

1) (F262*Fg262)
2) =sum((H262:H268)-H269)*G262

Can someone tell me how to combine the above to take away the answer of
part
2 from part 1?

Many thanks

Carol

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Does this not work?

=F262*G262-(SUM(H262:H268)-H269)*G262

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"carol" wrote:

Hi

Thanks for all your help earlier. I have another set of cells that i need to
combine into one as follows:

1) (F262*Fg262)
2) =sum((H262:H268)-H269)*G262

Can someone tell me how to combine the above to take away the answer of part
2 from part 1?

Many thanks

Carol

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As far as I understand she wants to combine the formula through the common
cell G262, not to subtract them.
--
Alex
*Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you. Thank you!