-   -   Combining formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/237679-combining-formulas.html)

Carol

Combining formulas

Hi

Thanks for all your help earlier. I have another set of cells that i need to
combine into one as follows:

1) (F262*Fg262)
2) =sum((H262:H268)-H269)*G262

Can someone tell me how to combine the above to take away the answer of part
2 from part 1?

Many thanks

Carol

Luke M

Combining formulas

Like this:
=F262*FG262-(SUM(H262:H268)-H269)*G262
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"carol" wrote:

Hi

Thanks for all your help earlier. I have another set of cells that i need to
combine into one as follows:

1) (F262*Fg262)
2) =sum((H262:H268)-H269)*G262

Can someone tell me how to combine the above to take away the answer of part
2 from part 1?

Many thanks

Carol

alexrs2k

Combining formulas

one question Fg is refering to the part 2?

"carol" wrote:

Hi

Thanks for all your help earlier. I have another set of cells that i need to
combine into one as follows:

1) (F262*Fg262)
2) =sum((H262:H268)-H269)*G262

Can someone tell me how to combine the above to take away the answer of part
2 from part 1?

Many thanks

Carol

David Biddulph[_2_]

Combining formulas

I think you still haven't understood the SUM function. Please look up the
SUM function in excel help ?

Are you sure that =sum((H262:H268)-H269)*G262 works for you? [Or does it
give a #VALUE! error?] Doesn't it only work if you enter it as an array
formula (Control Shift Enter)? Did you mean =(sum(H262:H268)-H269)*G262
(which gives a different answer from the array formula) ?
In which case combining the formulae gives

"carol" wrote in message
Hi

Thanks for all your help earlier. I have another set of cells that i need
combine into one as follows:

1) (F262*Fg262)
2) =sum((H262:H268)-H269)*G262

Can someone tell me how to combine the above to take away the answer of
part
2 from part 1?

Many thanks

Carol

Carol

Combining formulas

Sorry, that is a typo - it should be G262 (and yes, the same cell as it part 2)

"carol" wrote:

Hi

Thanks for all your help earlier. I have another set of cells that i need to
combine into one as follows:

1) (F262*Fg262)
2) =sum((H262:H268)-H269)*G262

Can someone tell me how to combine the above to take away the answer of part
2 from part 1?

Many thanks

Carol

alexrs2k

Combining formulas

Taking in consideration the two formulas you provide there's no way to
combine them, since they do not depend on each other, no matter they have a
common G262.

"carol" wrote:

Hi

Thanks for all your help earlier. I have another set of cells that i need to
combine into one as follows:

1) (F262*Fg262)
2) =sum((H262:H268)-H269)*G262

Can someone tell me how to combine the above to take away the answer of part
2 from part 1?

Many thanks

Carol

Luke M

Combining formulas

Does this not work?

=F262*G262-(SUM(H262:H268)-H269)*G262

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"carol" wrote:

Hi

Thanks for all your help earlier. I have another set of cells that i need to
combine into one as follows:

1) (F262*Fg262)
2) =sum((H262:H268)-H269)*G262

Can someone tell me how to combine the above to take away the answer of part
2 from part 1?

Many thanks

Carol

Carol

Combining formulas

Yes it does - thanks.

"carol" wrote:

Hi

Thanks for all your help earlier. I have another set of cells that i need to
combine into one as follows:

1) (F262*Fg262)
2) =sum((H262:H268)-H269)*G262

Can someone tell me how to combine the above to take away the answer of part
2 from part 1?

Many thanks

Carol

alexrs2k

Combining formulas

As far as I understand she wants to combine the formula through the common
cell G262, not to subtract them.
--
Alex
*Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you. Thank you!