Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
edwardpestian

Default combining two formulas

I have a formula, which calculates a range of numbers on a separate
worksheet and multiplies each number by another number DK6 (1.13)
Mon-Thu and DK7 (1.23)Fri-Sat-Sun based on the day of the week, and
then sums them all together.

=IF(WEEKDAY(R6,2)<5,Data!CZ106*Data!DK6,Data!CZ106 *Data!DK7)

My problem is that if the number is negative, when suming the numbers,
I get a value that is further in the negative. For example a value of
-8400 returns -10332.

What I'm trying to achieve is to have the number return as a decrease
in the negative direction. For example a -8400 would return -1932.
I've been able to achieve what I'm looking for by using the following
formula, but I am unable to combine them. I've used simple cell
references instead of the above formula to receive the expected
answer.

=IF(AK12<0,ABS(AK12)-(ABS(AK12)*1.23),AK12)

Thanks in advance.

EP

--
edwardpestian
edwardpestian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33809

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
edwardpestian

I got it to work using the following:

=IF(Data!CZ106<0,ABS(Data!CZ106)-ABS(IF(WEEKDAY(R6,2)<5,Data!CZ106*Data!DK6,Data!CZ 106*Data!DK7)))