Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formatting Pivot Table Rows in Excel 2007

I have pivot table where I want to highilight an entire row if the Avg Price
column(G) falls between two price points that listed in cells at the top of
the pivot table. Cell O1 has the low price point and Cell P1 has the high
price point. If the Avg price in any row falls between these two price
points I want the background to fill the entire row to. Can only get to work
on the one cell not the row.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you select the desired area (rows 4:1000, for example) and setup your
Conditional Format fomrula, are you using absolute references ($O$1 and $P$1)
for the lower/upper bounds and a mixed reference ($G4) for the row's price?
If you leave out the dollar signs, that will cause the Conditional Format to
point to the wrong cells as you go across and down.
--
Please remember to indicate when the post is answered so others can benefit
from it later.

"Supe" wrote:

I have pivot table where I want to highilight an entire row if the Avg Price
column(G) falls between two price points that listed in cells at the top of
the pivot table. Cell O1 has the low price point and Cell P1 has the high
price point. If the Avg price in any row falls between these two price
points I want the background to fill the entire row to. Can only get to work
on the one cell not the row.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The $ are there for O1 and P1. Tthe conditional formatting does work for the
cells that fall in the price range that I choose in those two celss, but I
want it to format the entire row.

"Supe" wrote:

I have pivot table where I want to highilight an entire row if the Avg Price
column(G) falls between two price points that listed in cells at the top of
the pivot table. Cell O1 has the low price point and Cell P1 has the high
price point. If the Avg price in any row falls between these two price
points I want the background to fill the entire row to. Can only get to work
on the one cell not the row.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you selected the entire range of rows (rows 4:100, for example) and go to
the Conditional Format, then the conditional format formula should be as
follows:
=AND($G4=$O$1,$G4<=$P$1)

--

"Supe" wrote:

I have pivot table where I want to highilight an entire row if the Avg Price
column(G) falls between two price points that listed in cells at the top of
the pivot table. Cell O1 has the low price point and Cell P1 has the high
price point. If the Avg price in any row falls between these two price
points I want the background to fill the entire row to. Can only get to work
on the one cell not the row.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Only the date column filled. I assume because it is in a pivot table as I
did a copy and paste special of the values onto a new worksheet and it did
highlight the entire row then. Is it possible to do on a pivot table?

"Supe" wrote:

I have pivot table where I want to highilight an entire row if the Avg Price
column(G) falls between two price points that listed in cells at the top of
the pivot table. Cell O1 has the low price point and Cell P1 has the high
price point. If the Avg price in any row falls between these two price
points I want the background to fill the entire row to. Can only get to work
on the one cell not the row.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It works fine for me, whether the pivot table uses one of the available pivot
table formats or is just a plain old pivot table, I can conditional format
entire rows without any trouble. Sorry, don't know what else to tell you.
--

"Supe" wrote:

I have pivot table where I want to highilight an entire row if the Avg Price
column(G) falls between two price points that listed in cells at the top of
the pivot table. Cell O1 has the low price point and Cell P1 has the high
price point. If the Avg price in any row falls between these two price
points I want the background to fill the entire row to. Can only get to work
on the one cell not the row.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I spoke too soon. It worked fine once I got the range of =$A$6:$N$110 set up
in my rule. However, whenever I refresh my date my range changes to
=$A$6:$A$110 so it only fills that first coulmn???

"Supe" wrote:

I have pivot table where I want to highilight an entire row if the Avg Price
column(G) falls between two price points that listed in cells at the top of
the pivot table. Cell O1 has the low price point and Cell P1 has the high
price point. If the Avg price in any row falls between these two price
points I want the background to fill the entire row to. Can only get to work
on the one cell not the row.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not following your problem. I was under the impression you were doing
the following:
- selecting entire rows (highlighting 6:110, not A6:N110)
- entering this conditional format formula =AND($G4=$O$1,$G4<=$P$1)

Where does this range $A$6:$N$110 or $A$6:$A$110 come into play?

Conditional format should work just fine after a PT refresh.