Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007

Seriously! I have been reading posts dating back to 2007.....with the same
problem.

I have an excel document that I created in Office XP, I was working on it
fine for a good hour and now it just crashes, the minute I try and save it,
it just hangs! I think it is pretty pathetic, considering that it is now
2009 and people are still having the same hassles!

What are the solutions, when will solutions be available??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've had the same issues previously and overcame them by using the windows
update web site. Download all the necessary pathes Widows and Office and
install them.

This rectified the problem for me, It may do the same for you!. Try it!

"Shaz" wrote:

Seriously! I have been reading posts dating back to 2007.....with the same
problem.

I have an excel document that I created in Office XP, I was working on it
fine for a good hour and now it just crashes, the minute I try and save it,
it just hangs! I think it is pretty pathetic, considering that it is now
2009 and people are still having the same hassles!

What are the solutions, when will solutions be available??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Will do, but am I mistaken in assuming when the computer looks for updates,
it also looks for applicable updates for office?

I thought it looked for updates for all your Microsoft products, if that is
the case, then I would have the updates installed already?!

Any other suggestions?

"Shaz" wrote:

Seriously! I have been reading posts dating back to 2007.....with the same
problem.

I have an excel document that I created in Office XP, I was working on it
fine for a good hour and now it just crashes, the minute I try and save it,
it just hangs! I think it is pretty pathetic, considering that it is now
2009 and people are still having the same hassles!

What are the solutions, when will solutions be available??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could try searching Microsoft knowledgebase

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...G=Search&meta=

The above produces a lot of references. If you can come up with more specific keywords, replace the following in the above.

XL2007+save+fails

For example

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...G=Search&meta=

All will be far clearer when you run the searches

--
Lil

?B?U2hheg==?= wrote in
: