Theresa

Default VLOOKUP - Please Help Me!!!

Please Help!!

I am SOOO confused about how to type in the correct "formula" for a VLookup.
Anyone that can help - I thank you dearly in advance!!! Here's my
situation:

I have two worksheets, and need to import the price for about 3500 items
from one of the worksheets into the other. It is my understanding that a
VLOOKUP will do the job for me, but I just can't get this to work, and have
managed to confuse myself to no end!!!!

Here's what I have so far:

DOCUMENT #1
Column A = Item Number (is already filled in column A)

Column B = Cost (is blank in this worksheet and the values need to be
taken from Document #2 and dropped into this column, based on the item
numbers, of course)

DOCUMENT #2
Column A = Item Number (is already filled in column A for this worksheet)

Column B = Cost (is already filled in column B for this worksheet. I need
to get these values to the corresponding item number in Document #1)

Thank you very much for any help that anyone can give. I have managed to
confuse myself so much that I know this posting is probably confusing for the
person trying to help me!

Thank you for your attention to my problem!
Biff

Hi!

Assume "document 1" has the item numbers in the range A2:An.

In "document 2" ( I'll call this Sheet2 in the formula) item numbers and the
corresponding price are in the range A2:B3500.

In "document 1" B2 enter this formula:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!A2:B3500,2,0)),"",VLOOK UP(A2,Sheet2!A2:B3500,2,0))

Copy down as needed.

If the item number is not found on sheet2 the formula will leave the cell
blank (not to be confused with EMPTY).

Biff

"Theresa" wrote in message
[...]

Biff

Ooops!

Better make those lookup ranges absolute:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$2:$B$3500,2,0)),"",V LOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$2:$B$3500,2,0))

Much better!

Biff