Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I stop the copyright symb from displaying when I type (C)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's an AutoCorrect issue.
In Excel 2007 go to OfficeButton Excel Options Proofing AutoCorrect
Options.
Select the entry in the list and click [Delete].
For earlier versions go to Tools AutoCorrect Options.

Regards,
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Go to the Tools menu, choose Auto Correct Options, find the entry that
converts (C) to © and remove it.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 09:32:01 -0700, sack

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Chip wrote on Wed, 08 Jul 2009 12:23:44 -0500:

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)
Go to the Tools menu, choose Auto Correct Options, find the entry that
converts (C) to © and remove it.

If you don't want to permanently remove the quite useful autocorrect,
giving CTRL-z after the symbol appears will reinstate (c). You could
also use a slightly different symbol in Autocorrect, [c] occurs to me.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland