Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default saving data?

I always save my spreadsheets when I'm finished inputing data. Almost always,
when I open the spreadsheet back up, data is missing. I spend so much time
going back to find info and puttting it back again. I am not confident my
info is always correct.Help!!
--
aflacduck
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you do a File Save, it should be saving with changes. I've not
encountered this type of behavior in Excel, when I lose data is when I decide
to close the file and get in a rush and and ignore the prompt to Save Changes.

What version of Excel are you using?

"Rhea" wrote:

I always save my spreadsheets when I'm finished inputing data. Almost always,
when I open the spreadsheet back up, data is missing. I spend so much time
going back to find info and puttting it back again. I am not confident my
info is always correct.Help!!
--
aflacduck

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you sure you are opening the same file?

Are you saving or "saving as"?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 13:07:00 -0700, Rhea
wrote:

I always save my spreadsheets when I'm finished inputing data. Almost always,
when I open the spreadsheet back up, data is missing. I spend so much time
going back to find info and puttting it back again. I am not confident my
info is always correct.Help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you are opening and reopening a spreadsheet attachment from an
e-mail, then you are overwriting your saved spreadsheet with the one
contained in the e-mail. You MUST do a Save AS with the attachment and
save it to a NEW location instead of the temporary folder provided for
VIEWING the attachments.