Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Unshared workbooks yet multiple people able to open

Seems to be the case for all our spreadsheets on the network share. I have
tested this with several and the result is always the same. I can open any
excel file that someone else already has open without any error/warning. It
is a mixed 2003/2007 environement.

Google has failed me, any suggestions on how to resolve?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
in excel 2007
go to Review, share workbook and check if "allow changes by more than one
user" is checked