Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I need an option list for a table...

sounds simple? i hope so
i want to be able to make a large table, where certain columns are only
allowed to be certain imputs.
ie: a system type column, where the options are open, closed, or 2-piece
and a zone column, where the options are corner or typical.
so, it will effectivly look like this:
a b
1 Select Zone Select system

2 corner open
3 typical closed
4 corner 2-piece
5 corner closed
6 typical 2 piece
: : :

Thanks for helpin!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select Column A
From menu DataValidationSelect List and enter (comma seperated)
corner,typical

Select Column B
From menu DataValidationSelect List and enter (comma seperated)
open, closed,2-piece

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Derrick" wrote:

sounds simple? i hope so
i want to be able to make a large table, where certain columns are only
allowed to be certain imputs.
ie: a system type column, where the options are open, closed, or 2-piece
and a zone column, where the options are corner or typical.
so, it will effectivly look like this:
a b
1 Select Zone Select system

2 corner open
3 typical closed
4 corner 2-piece
5 corner closed
6 typical 2 piece
: : :

Thanks for helpin!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thanks. what if i want them to remain blank?
so for un-used rows there's nothing in them?
like so:
1 Select Zone Select system

2 corner open
3 typical closed
4 corner 2-piece
5
6
: : :

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Select Column A
From menu DataValidationSelect List and enter (comma seperated)
corner,typical

Select Column B
From menu DataValidationSelect List and enter (comma seperated)
open, closed,2-piece

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Derrick" wrote:

sounds simple? i hope so
i want to be able to make a large table, where certain columns are only
allowed to be certain imputs.
ie: a system type column, where the options are open, closed, or 2-piece
and a zone column, where the options are corner or typical.
so, it will effectivly look like this:
a b
1 Select Zone Select system

2 corner open
3 typical closed
4 corner 2-piece
5 corner closed
6 typical 2 piece
: : :

Thanks for helpin!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do we have a problem in leaving it blank..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Derrick" wrote:

thanks. what if i want them to remain blank?
so for un-used rows there's nothing in them?
like so:
1 Select Zone Select system

2 corner open
3 typical closed
4 corner 2-piece
5
6
: : :

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Select Column A
From menu DataValidationSelect List and enter (comma seperated)
corner,typical

Select Column B
From menu DataValidationSelect List and enter (comma seperated)
open, closed,2-piece

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Derrick" wrote:

sounds simple? i hope so
i want to be able to make a large table, where certain columns are only
allowed to be certain imputs.
ie: a system type column, where the options are open, closed, or 2-piece
and a zone column, where the options are corner or typical.
so, it will effectivly look like this:
a b
1 Select Zone Select system

2 corner open
3 typical closed
4 corner 2-piece
5 corner closed
6 typical 2 piece
: : :

Thanks for helpin!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

lol i just pressed delete and it was fine.
i was trying to backspace the entry, and it was giving me the 'not
acceptable value' schpeel. so ya we're good if we just hit the delete key.
thanks!

"Derrick" wrote:

thanks. what if i want them to remain blank?
so for un-used rows there's nothing in them?
like so:
1 Select Zone Select system

2 corner open
3 typical closed
4 corner 2-piece
5
6
: : :

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Select Column A
From menu DataValidationSelect List and enter (comma seperated)
corner,typical

Select Column B
From menu DataValidationSelect List and enter (comma seperated)
open, closed,2-piece

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Derrick" wrote:

sounds simple? i hope so
i want to be able to make a large table, where certain columns are only
allowed to be certain imputs.
ie: a system type column, where the options are open, closed, or 2-piece
and a zone column, where the options are corner or typical.
so, it will effectivly look like this:
a b
1 Select Zone Select system

2 corner open
3 typical closed
4 corner 2-piece
5 corner closed
6 typical 2 piece
: : :

Thanks for helpin!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Watch this 5 min video:

How to setup a data validation drop down list:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OsWJijrOM

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP