Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default general ledger

I just downloaded a beautiful general ledger template from the MS website.
(http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT101441121033)

It does exactly what I need; however, there is one formula that I don't
understand. On the "monthly" tab, there is the following:

=SUMIF(Office[Constructed Key
Field],"="&(TEXT(Expenses[[#Headers],[Jan-07]],"mmm-yy")),Office[Amount of
Check])

I cannot for the life of me figure out where they get "Office" at the very
beginning. It isn't pulling from another sheet because that would name it
'Office'!

Can anyone help me decipher this?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you open the Formula tab in Excel 2007 with this template open and use
Name Manger, you will see that Office is one of a number of named ranges.
'Office' refers to a range on the 1000-Office worksheet.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP