Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default copy formulas over merged cells

Hi all,

I have a excel sheet consisting large date with 129 tables and each table
has same pro-forma consisting nearly 150 rows and 22 coumns. And, each table
need common formulas. Between the tables, some merged cells are
there(headings). I wrote a formula in certain cell in table1. I need to
copy that formula in all 129 tables. The columns are same in all tables. If
I copy formula and drag to second table, the merged cells are also selecting.
Please help me to copy the formula in all tables without paste in merged
cells.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

One thing you might try is to unmerge the cells and use center across
selection instead - that is found under Format, Cells, Alignment tab,
Horizontal...

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Narendra Boga" wrote:

Hi all,

I have a excel sheet consisting large date with 129 tables and each table
has same pro-forma consisting nearly 150 rows and 22 coumns. And, each table
need common formulas. Between the tables, some merged cells are
there(headings). I wrote a formula in certain cell in table1. I need to
copy that formula in all 129 tables. The columns are same in all tables. If
I copy formula and drag to second table, the merged cells are also selecting.
Please help me to copy the formula in all tables without paste in merged
cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Shane,

Thanks very much for this tip. This is something I've overlooked for years.
Will certainly help eliminate the "pasting to merged cells" dilemma.

Cheers
Dave