Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Copy non merged to merged cells again

Hi
I have 2 sheets, in sheet 1 I have
A B
1 Name Number
2 Name Number
3 Name Number
Etc….
In sheet 2 I have:
A1, A2, and A3 merged, B1, B2, and B3 merged, etc…
Any way to copy and paste the data in sheet1 to sheet2 in a way that
in merged A1, A2 and A3 in sheet2 have the same data in A1 in sheet1,
in a way to copy and paste many columns, up to 900 columns, in an easy
way, not copying and pasting every cell.
I want A1 in sheet1 to be in A1A2A3 that are merged in Sheet2 and B1
to be in B1, B2, B3 that are merged in sheet2, and A2, in sheet1 to be
in A4, A5, A6 that are merged in sheet2, and B2 in sheet1 to be in
B4,B3,B5 that are merged in sheet2, I tried to change the formulae
from column to row but it does not work
Thanks in advance
Jam
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Put this formula in A1/A2/A3 of Sheet2:

=INDEX(Sheet1!A$1:A$900,INT((ROW(A1)+2)/3))

and this one in B1/B2/B3 of Sheet2:

=INDEX(Sheet1!B$1:B$900,INT((ROW(B1)+2)/3))

I then adjusted the format to center both horizontally and vertically,
and then copied these two cells down (assuming A4/A5/A6 etc are
already merged).

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 6, 2:48*pm, wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

;216993 Wrote:
[...]

Hi, I hope you find someone strong enough to cope this one. Merged
cells are a real pain and should be avoided at all costs except for
cosmetic purposes

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (
http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=59619