Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default sum up two result in one column

How can I sum up numbers which are 0 and <0 respectively in one column?
e.g. in Column A, I have

12
-46
90
32
-56
-34

how can I set the fomula that only minus number are sumed up?

thanks.
--
Lowan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming your numbers are in A1 to A6
=SUMIF(A1:A6,"<0",A1:A6)
=SUMIF(A1:A6,"0",A1:A6)

"Lowan Chan" wrote:

How can I sum up numbers which are 0 and <0 respectively in one column?
e.g. in Column A, I have

12
-46
90
32
-56
-34

how can I set the fomula that only minus number are sumed up?

thanks.
--
Lowan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUMIF(A1:A6,"<0",A1:A6) for negative,
=SUMIF(A1:A6,"0",A1:A6) for positive numbers.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Lowan Chan€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

How can I sum up numbers which are 0 and <0 respectively in one column?
e.g. in Column A, I have

12
-46
90
32
-56
-34

how can I set the fomula that only minus number are sumed up?

thanks.
--
Lowan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Stefi;402893 Wrote:
=SUMIF(A1:A6,"<0",A1:A6) for negative,
=SUMIF(A1:A6,"0",A1:A6) for positive numbers.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Lowan Chan€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

How can I sum up numbers which are 0 and <0 respectively in one

column?
e.g. in Column A, I have

12
-46
90
32
-56
-34

how can I set the fomula that only minus number are sumed up?

thanks.
--
Lowan

Hi if you only have one range, the third argument is optional
=SUMIF(A1:A6,"<0") will also work

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -